11.21.2010

Monday cutie: centerpieces and a thanksgiving weekend wedding!

Thanksgiving is here! I like Thanksgiving. I don't like Thanksgiving nearly as much as I do Christmas but I like it just enough. It's always a busy time at the shop helping folks pick out flowers for their dinner tables to compliment their delicious dishes. Or perhaps people are looking for a sweet something to take to friends or family who have graciously opened up their homes to them. Either way I enjoy the bustle and excitement that starts with Thanksgiving and lasts thru the new year. For me, Thanksgiving represents the very start of my favorite seasons of flowers...winter thru spring. I love that as soon as Thanksgiving day passes we are running full steam into Christmas and all the pine, winter berries, and amaryllis. Then we are on to ranunculus, hyacinth, anemones, tulips...my oh my.  I love the colors, just about all cold weather flowers, cheerful and happy people, hot drinks during the middle of the day, boots and scarves...can't wait! 

For now a quick glimpse as some fun Thanksgiving centerpieces and the inspiration board for our holiday weekend wedding! I'll be so busy saying goodbye to orange and yellow flowers this week that I posted this just a smidge early...hope you don't mind. Happy Thanksgiving friends. Be thankful and happy this week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment